Sunday, November 20, 2005

Wally's hat & my new Glühwein wine mug (£2)
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

What's with the picture? In a little corner of the Christmas Market, near the wine stall, Kiyoshi pointed out that there was a bunch of people with Santa hats which would make some interesting pics. We went over, got talking with them and 'Wally' decided to buy Kiyoshi & I, a drink. Never turn a drink down, eh? Wally was German and very intoxicated with wine, ranting about strange things. His mates could only apologise profusely for his behaviour. Anyways I decided to return the favour which wasn't too smart on hindsight..never ply a drunk with more drinks. To cut a long story short, Wally got excited chatting to his friends, smacked his hands on the table which sent my drink over, breaking the mug. He was sorry and decided to give me his hat. Wally insisted that I keep the hat on my head and wanted me and Kiyoshi to follow him, which we decided, enough was enough and made excuses to leave. Wally got aggressive and would not release his grip on my coat. Luckily, his mates restrained him and distracted him while we made our escape to the frankfurter stall which was near closing like all other shops.

Pretty interesting evening where things could've gotten nasty but I ended up with Wally's hat and a mug.

Glühwein - hot red wine that is popular at Weihnachtsmarkt (Christmas market). The market sell ornaments, advent calendars and other Christmas items.

Merry Christmas Wally and danke schon for the hat! Hohoho!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home